- Training & Events
- Buyer's Guide
Reliable Plant magazine’s next conference, “Lean Manufacturing 2008: Lean Tools for Maintenance & Reliability” is fast approaching. The event will be held October 6-8 at the Marriott Hotel in Schaumburg, Ill., just a few miles from Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport.
This conference, our fourth annual Lean Tools event, will bring together industrial leaders from around North America to learn how companies can utilize lean (and specific lean tools) and apply them to increase machinery productivity, capacity and reliability, and raise the efficiency and performance of their facilities’ maintenance functions. It will feature 20 sessions delivered by some of industry’s most knowledgeable and experienced lean resources.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Dr. Klaus Blache, director of manufacturing engineering, General Motors
• Wayne Vaughn, former director of maintenance, Harley-Davidson
• Samuel Bethea, director of North American reliability, Campbell’s Soup
• Dana Fluet, lead maintenance and reliability engineer, and members of the plant M&R team, Harley-Davidson
• Rick Fox, maintenance manager, and members of the Warrick power plant reliability team, Alcoa
• Todd Bennett, president, United Southern Industries, and Sam McPherson, lean enterprise and public sector consultant, Shingo Prize
• Mark Steward, Operational Excellence team leader, Eaton
• Mike Fisher, manager of EHS engineering, and Pat Bartholomew, director of EHS management systems, Baxter Healthcare
• Katie Benz, black belt, W.R. Grace
• Drew Troyer, CEO, Noria
• David Hicks, lean specialist, Auburn University
• Dr. Jay Lee, director, University of Cincinnati/National Science Foundation Center for Intelligent Maintenance Systems
• Frank Bailey, plant manager, LAI International
• Mike Bresko, managing director and principal, General Physics
• Kevin Hartler, director of Grainger Consulting Services, W.W. Grainger
Visit www.lean2008.com for details.