- Training & Events
- Buyer's Guide
The Fabricators & Manufacturers Association International (FMA) recently announced the winners of its 2008 Safety Award competition.
Eleven companies received Honor Awards for having no recordable illnesses or injuries in 2007:
· AK Tube LLC, Columbus, Ind.
· B. Walter & Company Inc., Wabash, Ind.
· FMT Inc., Findlay, Ohio
· Great Lakes Contracting Inc., Milwaukee, Wis.
· Main Steel Polishing Company Inc., Tinton Falls, N.J.
· Main Steel Polishing Company Inc., Manokin Street plant, Baltimore, Md.
· Main Steel Polishing Company Inc., Boyle Street plant, Baltimore, Md.
· McAbee Construction Inc., Tuscaloosa, Ala.
· Nova Group Inc., Napa, Calif.
· Welfab Inc., North Billerica, Mass.
· Nisshin Automotive Tubing LLC, Versailles, Ky.
Four companies received Merit Awards for having an illness or injury incidence rate that is more than 10 percent better than the national average for the company’s NAICS code determined by comparing it to the most recently published OSHA statistics:
· Main Steel Polishing Company Inc., Dallas
· Clarion Metals, Covington, Ga.
· Anderson & Dahlen Inc., Ramsey, Minn.
· Wichita Steel Fabricators, Wichita, Kan.
Main Steel Polishing Inc., Commerce, Ga., received an Honorable Mention Award for having an illness and injury rate better than but less than 10 percent better than the OSHA national average for its NAICS code.
Welfab Inc., North Billerica, Mass., received the Most Improved Award for having the greatest improvement in its incidence rate of all the safety award entrants.
B. Walter & Company Inc. of Wabash, Ind., now has won its 12the consecutive Safety Award. McAbee Construction of Tuscaloosa, Ala., has won five years in a row.
The annual competition is open to all Advantage and AdvantagePlus members of FMA and the Tube & Pipe Association International (TPA).
For more information, visit the Fabricators & Manufacturers Association, International showroom.